Life is busy. Most people are constantly juggling a million things and deadlines each week. My motto is, “if it isn’t written down, it is forgotten.” Checklists help me stay organized. Do you like checklists? The Checklist Book is a perfect read for you if you thrive on checklists to keep you on track or if you need a little inspiration to get more organized.
Disclaimer: Strength 4 Spouses was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The Checklist Book is a wonderful read for those who love writing out to-do lists and checklists. It speaks to the organized individual and will inspire those who don’t regularly write out checklists. This book details the history of checklists and offers a multitude of creative ways to write out various types of checklists such as; daily lists, special project lists, event planning, and more.
This book was a very inspiring and easy read that offers a myriad of resources to include;
- Freebies and templates-Alexandra Franzen directs you to her website where she has free printables available to help you get started with checklists.
- History of checklists-This book details the importance of checklists and how they got started in the aviation industry.
- Rationale behind writing checklists-There is a science behind writing things down and checking them off on a list. Did you know it can improve your self-esteem?
- Inspiration for staying organized–The Checklist Book gives different examples of various types of checklists and provides a how-to guide for those checklist rookies.
- Making time for the little things in life-This is an important life lesson as we get so inundated with deadlines, accomplishing tasks, and checking things off our to-do list that we sometimes forget about the importance and value of the little things in life. Alexandra Franzen makes sure she explains how this concept is vital to finding balance in life.
My Final Thoughts
The Checklist Book is a perfect read for the Type A person who thrives on organization and routine. It gives many inspirational ideas for your checklists that will inspire more than just checking items off a list every day. This book has the power to inspire individuals to find their strength in organization and writing things down. It also reiterates the importance of making time for the little things in life, beyond just checking things off on a list everyday.
© Strength 4 Spouses LLC, 2020.
About the Author
Alexandra Franzen is the author of several books, including So This Is the End: A Love Story (2018), You’re Going to Survive (2017), and 50 Ways to Say “You’re Awesome” (2013). She has written articles for dozens of sites, including Time, Forbes, Newsweek, HuffPost, The Muse, and Lifehacker. She’s been mentioned/quoted in The New York Times Small Business Blog, The Atlantic, USA Today, BuzzFeed, Brit+Co, and Inc. Alexandra is best-known for writing about creativity, productivity, the power of setting tiny goals, how to develop more confidence in your writing skills, and how to stay motivated, keep working towards your personal and professional dreams, and never give up. She also works as a copywriter, ghostwriter, writing teacher, and consultant. She helps her clients to develop podcasts, videos, websites, speeches, books, and other creative projects.
Connect with Alexandra: